This is my Season.

"I know that there is nothing better for [me] than to rejoice and to do good in [my] lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor-- it is the gift of God."

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Rut

Don't you love those chain letter emails? I got one that sends out recipes. I love the idea of getting new recipes to help me in the daily rut of making meals. The rules of the exchange is to send one of your own recipes to the name on the top line.
I started a new email, added the stranger's email address, filled in the subject line, and began to think about what recipe I would type up for her. (pause for a really long time)

Do I go with PB & J? I could be a little more "gormuet-ish" and send her Mac-n-cheese with cut up hot dogs. Or is she a full time mommy like me and want a simple frozen waffle type of meal?

How sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I realized what a horrible rut I am in with meals. I hope for my kids sake I get some good recipes!

6 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

so, I shouldn't send my PB&J recipe?

Jess Stevens said...

I'm so there with you, when I opened your email last night I got excited, I hope you end up getting some good/easy recipes from strangers...every other time I've participated in one of these emails, it's never worked.

Anonymous said...

Always go with the trusty cinnamon toast recipe- a winner every time.

Anonymous said...

Sorry girls- I am stepping out of this one . . . I only use recipes with really tempting pictures like those found in Taste of Home or Quick Cooking. Good luck on your PB&J. ~LD

:corinne: said...

**Hey the mac 'n' cheese sounds great LOL~!

Anonymous said...

go out to dinner...on your mom's Visa....