This is my Season.

"I know that there is nothing better for [me] than to rejoice and to do good in [my] lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor-- it is the gift of God."

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Little moments

I had a precious few moments with my baby. It was early morning when he woke up so I grabbed him out of the crib to snuggle in my bed. He was being so cute and quiet. I would close my eyes for a moment and then open them to see him staring at me. It was so great to have this moment with him.
The moment lasted as long as it took the smell to reach his diaper to my nose.
Do I change him, lose this time, and risk him really waking up? Or do I reposition his "sweetness" away from me and continue to soak up this cute little guy?
Of course I chose to savor every moment with him.

Does anyone have any Desitin?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Real Moms" would do exactly what you did...'sweetness' & all!! Savor the moments...they soon pass by.

Anonymous said...

Maybe if you wrap a blanket around him it won't be so bad. I would have done the same- rarely do any of my children remain still for two moments together. LeighAnn

Carrie Postma said...

ahhhhh....sweet baby....stinkie and all!