This is my Season.

"I know that there is nothing better for [me] than to rejoice and to do good in [my] lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor-- it is the gift of God."

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

Friday, July 27, 2007

20 minute workout

Did you know that you can count "changing sheets" as a work out?

A 20 minute workout looks like this:
Bend at the waist and lift the crib mattress out. Lift and pull. Lift and Pull. Maneuver the mattress around the obstacle course of attached toys until your knuckles are white. Once the mattress is out, breathe.
Now, use every arm muscle that you have and pull the, ever so snug, crib sheet over the corners of the mattress. Don't give up. Keep pulling. You can do it. If the sheet tears, pull a little harder! Once the sheet is fully encasing the mattress, breathe!
Position yourself with your legs apart and your shoulder under the mattress. Heave and shove the mattress around the obstacle course of attached toys and place is back in it's prone position in the crib. Don't forget to breathe!
Next let's move to the bunk beds. Take in a deep breath and climb the ladder!! This is a tricky exercise for the advanced in spirit!
You need to pull the current dirty sheet off and apply the new sheet all in one big bounce. While in the air use caution not to hit your head on the ceiling. And Breathe! Repeat 3 more times till all corners are tucked in nicely.
Good Job! You have completed a chore and done your exercise for the day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Smokes...I'm feeling a bit thinner just reading this!! Since I have changed a few cribs & bunk beds in my lifetime I can relate. Now I know how you lost the 20 lbs! :o)

Jess Stevens said...

ROFL!!! OK so I haven't had the privilege of changing a bunk bed, yet, but the crib is oh so true, gotta love it. Now maybe I should change the sheets on both girls beds more often...I may just get back in shape ;-)

Carrie Postma said...

does this workout REALLY only take 20 minutes? i doa similar workout but, it takes me about 45 minutes? Whats the secret???

Anonymous said...

I can believe the crib alone can take 20 min. if you buy the "safe snug fitting mattress. My neighbor's crib mattress was SO difficult that if was a major muscle work out for 2 of us- kind of like a workout partner deal. LD