This is my Season.

"I know that there is nothing better for [me] than to rejoice and to do good in [my] lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor-- it is the gift of God."

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Color of Frugal

I wanted a change for my hair... it's in a pony tail 99.9% of the time. I know my husband wants me to grow it long so the change had to come through color.
I knew we did not have enough money in our budget to color my hair. (Maybe that's where I should have ended my desire for a change.) I set out to find a great blond color! I have done it before and know my hair takes color well.
My sweet husband was very excited to see my new hair. (He likes me changing it every so often.) I walk out to where he is sitting and I just stand there. The following is a list of comments he has upon seeing my new color:
1. What are going to do to fix it?
2. It's OK it's just hair.
3. Are you going to make an appointment?
4. This didn't take so well huh?
5. " " (yes that says nothing/silence/confusion/"what should I be saying right now?")

I hadn't even asked if he liked it yet!!! My hair turned ORANGE!! Not a pretty orange either. So in lieu of saving a pocketful of money I am now going...with my husband's urgent blessings... to get my hair colored at a salon. Good thing I'm saving money on diapers now huh!!?? And no I will not be posting a before picture!! (I'm not even going to let me sisters see me!!)

4 comments:

Mom said...

Sorry, Sweetie!
Until you get it colored just tell everyone not to eat too many oranges...or else!
Hope you just love the new you when you get it colored!!

Jess Stevens said...

so when you Skype me your camera will be "not working" is that it ;-)
come on, you remember the light purple I ended up with the last time we tried to color my hair...it's all good sis

Carrie Postma said...

posts are much more INTERESTING with pictures, ya know.

:corinne: said...

Oh bummer! At least you can go get it fixed by going to a salon or chopping it off. that's the great thing about hair...it'll always grow back. *wink* It'll look great Cath.