This is my Season.

"I know that there is nothing better for [me] than to rejoice and to do good in [my] lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor-- it is the gift of God."

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

Friday, March 20, 2009

Funny or Not

I think I have lost my humor in the blog. I used to share with you all about not shaving my legs, using my daughter's ponytail holder as my own, leaving my kids in elevators, being locked out of the house by the kids, turning to see my son poop in the hallway while my daughter is spilling milk on the floor, etc, etc, etc.
What has happened?? Have I found life to be normal and nothing to be funny anymore? It's not that I have gotten rid of the kids... they are certainly still here and doing so many things blog worthy. Trust me that has not stopped. They haven't become perfect in the last year!
I have not attained perfect peace as a mother either! I still eat half of the cookie before I give it to my son. I still laugh at the kid who falls and then go and help them up. I still want to pull my hair out when my son colors on the wall in the same spot I just told him not to several times!!
Maybe since my method of cleaning has been to sweep the dirt and trash and small army men that I step on under the stove I have swept my ability to observe the funny moments under the stove too. (Let's not take a look to see if it is there!!)
Oh well I guess we will see what tomorrow brings!!

3 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

Funny or not? My vote is FUNNY!!!!
keep bloggin sistah!

Amrena Skye said...

It doesn't always have to be funny. It's just fun to hear what is going on in your neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

I think you are in need of a mini-retreat...and I am NOT talking about extended periods of time when you hide in the bathroom!!!!!
Love, Your Favorite East Coaster