This is my Season.

"I know that there is nothing better for [me] than to rejoice and to do good in [my] lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor-- it is the gift of God."

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Car Safety Kit

I did something today that I have never done... nor do I think anyone else has. Please add this to your note card of hints and tips from experienced mothers. It doesn't take any skills or talents. It simply requires you to look at a total, utterly, disgusting mess and put it to good use.

I had to fold down the seats in the van in order to fit an exercise contraption thingy into it. There before me, like the kids pop up book of extinct Dinosaurs, slowly rising up is a mound of trash, crumbs, books, markers, and shoes as the seats descend into the floor. It's gross and disgusting. I obviously never go into the back seats.
Anyway as I'm preparing the van to haul the exercise machine I have to disengage the middle seat belt. The button to do so is about the size of a rectangle pea. (That's right I said rectangle pea--- I am tired and have no other brain cells to try and explain to you what size it was.)
This is where I use that detestable mess of stuff in the van... I used a stale fry that was just the right size and had the strength to hold up against the pressure of a seat belt lock.

Now I ask you... have you ever used a stale fry to unlock a seat belt? So next time you run through the fast food line, ask for just one fry. They should not charge you for it. Put it with your jumper cables so you always know where it is!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luv the "rectangle pea" comment...you make me LOL!
Isn't it amazing what can collect in your car when you have babies? I remember throwing a toy/game out because we were missing one piece...guess where I usually found the missing piece...uh, huh!!

Carrie Postma said...

at least you had a snack to eat after all that work in the van.

Anonymous said...

If anyone needs to borrow a stale fry I am sure I have got one.