This is my Season.

"I know that there is nothing better for [me] than to rejoice and to do good in [my] lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor-- it is the gift of God."

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Molly's Birthday




Miss Molly turned 3 yesterday. We allowed her to pick the dinner and dessert.










Her choice of food for our meal: Cereal.
Her dessert: frosted cookies from the store.







After dinner we painted little models. Molly had a birdhouse and the boys had tanks.







This was my most anticipated gift. I thought she would love it. It's an apron that holds a set of crayons!! As I put it on her she said " I don't like it"
"What?" I said. How could you not like such a cute gift?? Needless to say I made her wear it for a picture and then she was done with it.
So sad.

9 comments:

Ben and Melissa James said...

That last picture made me laugh...it's so sad! But I cannot tell you how many times I've bought something for the girls thinking they would love it only to find out it's not even tolerated! Her hair looks so cute! Did you cut it?

Unknown said...

hilarious!

:corinne: said...

Happy Birthday Molly! Love the apron, hmmm don't understand why she doesn't like it. It may take sometime to get used to maybe.

:corinne: said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coach Cam said...

Happy Birthday Miss Molly...we love you very much! Did your mommy wrap your apron in a cereal box? You'll understand someday...if not, just ask your uncle. Love you sweety!

cathy said...

No-- I wrapped it in a brown paper bag and taped it shut!!! We didn't have cereal boxes big enough!!!

Laura said...

What a cool apron! Where can I find one?

Mommy Roth said...

I love the crayon apron! Did you make it? Katy would love something like that and she has a b-day in a month. We miss you so much and hope you are having a great summer. You always make me laugh and feel "normal", haha!
Love you,
E

Carrie Postma said...

her hair looks so cute! Happy Birthday big Girl!!! Auntie Coco loves you.