This is my Season.

"I know that there is nothing better for [me] than to rejoice and to do good in [my] lifetime; moreover that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor-- it is the gift of God."

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13

Monday, September 24, 2007

Broken Sleep

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking. I wasn't thinking about a "to- do" list or how my kids are feeling. I was singing a song in my head that I couldn't figure out. I was trying to think of where I had heard it.

Do you want to know what song woke me up at 2:00AM?
Clifford, the Big Red Dog!!!!

You've got to be kidding!! A child's cartoon woke me up at 2:00am. Not only did I spend several minutes trying to figure out where the song came from but then I was so mad that it broke up my precious sleep that I couldn't go back to sleep for another hour!!


4 comments:

Carrie Postma said...

Maybe God was telling you your family needs a dog (a BIG RED one)?????

Jess Stevens said...

LOL, LOL, LOL!!! I am SO THANKFUL that I am not the only mom who does this...2nts ago I woke up singing a song from a BOZ movie. Yikes! why, can you tell me why we do this?

Anonymous said...

Any QOTD that is titled Broken Sleep has got to be bad!!! Maybe you should read the book titled Amusing Ourselves To Death by:Neil Postman- as long as you are up anyway. LeighAnn

:corinne: said...

**Oh I would be upset too if that happened to me. Sorry you lost that precious hour of sleep!